- You have no chance to eye-ball any Japanese people. They try very hard to avoid eye contact with you. They are in the world of their own on train or bus rides.
- They do not talk on handphones when in the trains or buses. Things changed when I was on a bus in Singapore yesterday. Someone’s story get aired in public!
- Women would not leave home without dressing up and putting on make-ups when they are in public places.
- Men’s office wears are almost like uniform, blazers/jackets and pants are dark coloured.
- Japanese people take a lot of pride in whatever jobs, whether it is road marshall or cashier in sales outlets.
- Japanese people like to run to cross red-light traffic junction when it is flashing green. It is such a common sight.
- Whenever we approached a cashier, they would greet us and then speak to us in Japanese. We really do not know what they were saying. When we replied in English, they suddenly became less assured.
- Japanese people are courteous when you approach them for assistance.